It’s National Stress Awareness Month 😯 How Will You Cope❓ According 2️⃣ my OLD FAITHFUL ⛲️ site National Today…
Stress can be debilitating 😬 & it can cause and/or aggravate health problems 🩺 And since stress is a normal part of human existence 🙍🏽♀️ — nobody is immune 🚫 to it
I’s important to arm 💪🏽 ourselves with knowledge 🧠 so that we recognize when stress rears its ugly head 👿 (Amazingly, we don’t always notice it’s happening to us 🤦🏽♀️)
Stress Awareness Month happens each April 📅 It’s important to learn 👩🏽🏫 some strategies for coping 💆🏽♀️ with this particular silent scourge ☢️ You’ve come to the right place for that ✅ Let’s get started❗️
Why Stress Awareness Month is Important
- It reminds us 🪢 to pay attention to our health 🔬 – According to the official website, “Stress Awareness Month is a national, cooperative effort 🤝 to inform people about the dangers of stress 🆘 successful coping strategies 🥸 & harmful misconceptions 🤥 about stress that are prevalent in our society 🤷🏽”
- It’s going strong 🏋🏽♂️ Stress Awareness Month has been an ongoing campaign of awareness 📢 & education since 1️⃣9️⃣9️⃣2️⃣
- Because we’re all feeling it 👥 A recent survey 📝 found that about two-thirds of U.S. workers 🪛 report engaging in behavior such as drinking 🍹 or crying regularly 😭 in order to deal with stress 😤
4 Stressful Facts You Need To Know
- Stress can help — sometimes 🤔
⭐️ According to the National Institute of Mental Health, “stress can motivate people to prepare or perform & might even be life-saving in some situations.”
- It’s sickening — literally 🤢
⭐️ People under stress – especially those prone to chronic stress — are more susceptible to a variety of ailments, from headaches & insomnia to high blood pressure & heart disease.
- Stressed? Here’s why 🤷🏽♀️
⭐️ A survey by the American Psychological Association found that the five factors most often cited as a source of stress were money, work, family, economic outlook & relationships.
- America’s highest & lowest stress states 📊
⭐️ A report on WalletHub found that the most stressed-out states in America are Louisiana, New Mexico & West Virginia. The least? Minnesota, North Dakota & Utah.
How To Observe Stress Awareness Month
- Practice meditation 🧘🏽♀️ One of the most effective ways to deal with stress is to learn how to silence 🤫 the mind. Meditation is one of the most popular methods of achieving this quiet 💯
- Exercise 🕺🏽 Another way to battle the debilitating effects 🙅🏽♀️ of stress is to exercise 🏄🏽 Whether you’re a jogger 🏃🏽♀️ bicyclist 🚵🏽♀️ our just like to take long walks🚶🏽♂️be sure to get some fresh air 💨 & exercise 🤸🏽♀️ into your daily routine 🆒
- Visit your doctor 👩🏽⚕️ They’re really in the best position to get you started on the path to a stress-free lifestyle 🛀 Make an appointment today ☎️
Happy National Stress Awareness Day!
April is designated 📌 as National Stress Awareness Month 🙎🏽 so April 16 is a special day set aside for Americans to be aware 🔎 of just how stressed they are! 🧨
⬇️ Sneak Peek 😉 of my Social Media Holiday Video 🎥 about Stress Awareness Day ⬇️
According to chiff.com
Sit back & chill out 🌿 on Saturday, April 1️⃣6️⃣, 2022 for National Stress Awareness Day 😰
In 2️⃣0️⃣2️⃣2️⃣, National Stress Awareness Day falls on Saturday 📅 so we suggest 💡 spending the whole weekend relaxing 🛌 & destressing 💆🏽 from a stressful 2020 & 2021! 😷
De-stress — How to celebrate Stress Awareness Day
Whether it’s struggling to finish your taxes 🧾 dealing with high-stress at home or on the job 🤬 or just juggling 🤹🏽♀️ multiple tasks every day — taking a breath once in a while is the best thing you can do for your overall health 🫀 say experts 🧑🏽⚕️
How does stress play a harmful part in our daily lives? 🤷🏽♀️ It’s often felt in a tightening of the muscles 🦵🏽 increased blood pressure 🩸 headaches 💊 dizziness 🥴 & dry mouth 👅
In fact, studies show 📚 that severe stress has a direct correlation with heart disease 😧 depression 🙍🏽♂️ & a general lowering of the immune system 📉 which, in turn, opens the body up to many other diseases 🤒
The cure? 🆘 For some, it only takes a timely reminder ⏰ to breathe — have a laugh 🤪 & relax 🔋 For others it requires a serious 🧐 daily affirmation that stress won’t get the better of them 🦸🏽♀️
Sure, stress will always be a part of our lives 😥 so it’s even more important to keep in mind the various ways to cope 🌻 And what better way to start de-stressing 🙃 than on National Stress Awareness Day❓
- Treat yourself 🎁 While junk food 🧁 isn’t often recommended as the antidote for anxiety, there are a handful 🤲🏽 of immune-boosting desserts 🍧 made with fresh blueberries 🫐 strawberries 🍓 honey 🍯 & whole grains 🍚 that make for a wonderful daily indulgence 🤤 Even chocolate 🍫 has its health benefits 💝 when consumed in moderation ⚖️
- Exercise ⛹🏽♂️ Be amazed at how physical movement 🧗🏽♀️ can change your mental perspective 🙆🏽♀️ Take a walk 🚶🏽♀️ or a good jog in place 🏃🏽♂️ or around a nature park ⛺️ to get those “feel good” chemicals ⚗️ (called endorphins) pumping in your brain 🧠 that lend a feeling of relaxation 🧖🏽♀️ & well-being 💃🏽
- Meditate 🧘🏽♀️ Simply taking time to breath 👄 & to collect your thoughts 💡 before a hectic day can often lead to increased energy 💥 & stamina 💪🏽
- Get enough rest 🥱 For a good night’s rest, consciously shut the door 🚪 on what has been bothering you during the day 🤔 Sure, it may still be waiting there in the morning 🌞 but meanwhile… sweet dreams 😴 Remember that the body is detoxified & cells 🧬 are regenerated during deep sleep 🛌 leaving us feeling rejuvenated 🎉 & ready to take on the world again 🌎
- Pet your dog 🐶 Or it may be a cat 🐱 a parakeet 🐦 or any other pet 🐷 Science shows that the unconditional love 💗 that pets freely give helps 🆘 us to de-stress & has powerful effects on lowering our blood pressure 🩺
- Bend, don’t break 🌳 Trees that survive to a ripe old age 🪵 are the ones that learned to roll 🎋 with any passing storm ☃️
- Laugh 🤣 It’s true what they say about laughter being the best medicine 💊 So collapse on the couch and take time out to watch your favorite TV sitcom 📺 or stream a classic Hollywood comedy 🥸 to end the day 🌒
As the old, wise man 👴🏽 once said… “Sometimes a quick hit 🤜🏽 of nothingness 🌌 delivers a balance ⚖️ to the everythingness 🪄”
Chill ☯️ And enjoy the day dedicated solely to de-stressing! 🥳
Color Your World to Relieve Stress
The world is full of color 🌈 & like everyone else, you have your own likes 👍🏽 & dislikes 👎🏽 You may have noticed 🕵🏽♀️ that certain colors can alter your mood 😡 What you may not realize, though, is that color 🟠 can affect your subconsciously as well 🤯
In many cultures, color 🥻 is used to promote health & wellness 🤕 For instance, some practitioners of feng shui ☯️ & acupuncture 💉 incorporate the use of color in the form of gemstones 💎 candles🔥 fabrics 🧵 & prisms 🔷 This practice, which is known as chromotherapy 🙋🏽♀️, is a form of alternative medicine 🔮 that uses color & light 🔦 to restore imbalances ⚖️ in an individual’s physical 💪🏽 mental 💆🏽♀️ emotional 🥺 or spiritual energy 🔋
How Different Colors Can Impact Your Well-Being
Different colors 🟥 can produce different physical, emotional & psychological effects 😃 While some colors are calming 🌺 others are stimulating ☕️ Surrounding yourself with appropriate colors 🚦 can help you harness 🏇 their unique benefits, such as stress reduction 😉 Consider the potential effects of some common colors 👩🏽🏫
- Red ❤️ An exciting and stimulating color, red is often associated with passion and can be used to lift your spirits when you experience an emotional slump.
- Pink 💗 A soft and tranquil color, pink can inspire a calming sense of peace and balance.
- Orange 🧡 Similar to red, orange is an intense and stimulating color that can make you feel invigorated.
- Yellow 💛 Softer than red and orange, but still sunny and cheerful, yellow can both improve your mood and counteract stress.
- Green 💚 Quiet and restful, green is a soothing color that can invite harmony and diffuse anxiety.
- Blue 💙 A highly peaceful color, blue can be especially helpful for stress management because it can encourage a powerful sense of calm.
- Purple 💜 In many cultures, shades of violet represent strength, wisdom and peace. Purple can invoke a tranquil feeling that helps reduce stress.
- White 🤍 Symbolic of purity and freshness, bright white can inspire mental clarity (on the other hand, dull white can cloud your emotions).
- Black 🖤 An elegant color that can represent power or submission depending on the circumstances, black should be used carefully because it can encourage either extreme.
AB-FAB Designs Related Blogs
Some think changing OR organizing a room in your house 🏢 is calming, others… NOT SO MUCH 🧏🏽♀️ 😂
STAY FASHIONABLE 🥰
Comment below & let me know your interior design thoughts!
SUBSCRIBE for FASHION & FUN!